Pages

.

Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie with Praline and Coconut-Pecan Crust

Gluten free pumpkin pie with praline and coconut pecan crust
A slice of vegan pumpkin pie heaven. Chill overnight for best texture.

Happy October! Good Goddess, I've been busy. Making a delicious mess in my tiny kitchen. Developing new gluten-free dairy-free dessert recipes for the Winter Food Issue of Allergic Living magazine. So I thought I'd dust the cocoa powder off my hands and take a quick break to share two inspirational things today. The first relates to Fall- my updated Favorite Gluten-Free Autumn Recipes index. Peruse at your leisure, ideally with a big mug of spiced hot cider close by.

The second offering had to be something pumpkin. I mean, it's October. And around here October baking means a certain voluptuous curcurbit is queen. So I did what any gluten-free goddess would do. I dug into the GFG recipe archives. And found a luxurious, creamy vegan pumpkin pie with sweet praline topping and a coconut-pecan crust. Just to keep you occupied until I return with a new gluten-free vegan muffin recipe you're going to love.

Let the pumpkin recipe frenzy begin!

I feel like I'm cheating. No, not cheating on my gluten-free diet. Cheating on my faithful Pumpkin Pie recipe. The one I've loved for years. It's so easy, after all. And reliable. And tasty. But you know how it is. You get that itch. You start to daydream. You flirt with a taste of vegan pumpkin pie at the West Hollywood Hugo's, and you start to fantasize about coconut crust. You imagine the buttery caramel taste of praline. And as always, in these matters, one thing leads to another. Next thing you know?

You've got a new love.

Now, I did a little sleuthing before I started experimenting. I discovered that Hugo's pie has a cup of orange juice. A full cup of molasses. And uses three cans of pureed pumpkin. Tablespoons of spice. Agar agar. Cornstarch. None of this appealed to me. So I started with what I what I like. Coconut milk. Cashew cream. A hint of molasses and maple syrup. And what happened next?

Heavenly vegan pumpkin pie bliss ensued.


Read more + get the recipe >>

No comments:

Post a Comment