Pages

.

Spicy Carrot & Hummus Sandwich


 I am loving making my way through all the wonderful plant based meals I come across. This sandwich was completely lovely...and I used my own homemade bread too! How does it get any better than that. What a great sandwich idea and good use for some caraway seeds, they are delicious. I would have never thought of this myself so thank goodness my eyes are always open for the next inspiration, and there is a lot of inspiration out there.

This sandwich was created by the British chef, Nick Sandler, for Paul, Stella & Mary McCartney's book, The Meat Free Monday Cookbook. It's a minimal ingredient recipe full of terrific flavor. Add this to your must try list, you will not be disappointed!


Grate your carrots...


Saute the few ingredients, toast your bread and that's it....a great sandwich any time of day!


Spicy Carrot & Hummus Sandwich

Ingredients
  • 2 large carrots, coarsely crated
  • 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
  • 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, or cumin would be nice too
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • himalayan salt and crushed red pepper to taste
  • four slices bread of choice...french, sourdough, rye or whole grain would pair nicely
  • hummus to spread
  • cilantro
  • cracked pepper


In skillet heat oil on medium, add the carrots, garlic, caraway seeds and season with salt and red pepper. Cook until carrots are just wilted, about 4 minutes. Let cool.

Toast or grill your bread, layer with hummus (I do both sides because I have hummus love). Add carrot mixture, top with cilantro and season with black pepper...serve. Makes two servings.

Enjoy!

Adapted from Spicy Carrot Sandwiches from Food & Wine

To make your own fresh...four ingredient...no knead bread, check my recipe here: 


and/or



No comments:

Post a Comment