Pages

.

Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cheesecake

Gluten Free Pumpkin Cheesecake
Gluten-Free vegan pumpkin cheesecake- creamy and dairy-free.


Is this the week- the month- to shun dessert in favor of kale smoothies and green detox soup? I can answer that.

The answer is no.

As in N. As in O. NO. Nope. Nada. Not gonna happen.

Because I, my darling, am a temptress. I am not going to write about healthy holiday desserts today, or some virtuous fat-free bean brownie with chia fiber. I am going to tease you. I am going to lure you- with a silver fork-worthy dessert recipe totally worth baking this soon-to-be-upon-us holiday season. A silky, creamy pumpkin cheesecake that begs for a party. Or a family rumpus. One of many last hurrahs before the pale glare of January dawns in all her cold and sober glory (and I step- ever so gingerly- on the reality check scale). And maybe sigh. A little hint of a sigh.

Because even though it is pre-Thanksgiving, pre-Christmas, pre-winter holidaze... the annual jean shrinkage has begun. You know- that time of year when (mysteriously!) my jeans come out of the dryer a size too small. And that familiar jolly pie roll affectionately known as Doris is rolling her merry way up and out of my favorite yoga pants. It's rather comical. And honestly, she makes me smile. I pat her affectionately.

Like a pet bunny.

Because the truth is I am not about to start counting calories.

Though I admit I may possibly probably definitely feel the need to cleanse my palette in the bright new year that lurks around the corner. Detox mulligatawny is surely in my future, come 2014. If for nothing else, for the sheer love of shedding old stuck energy. A fresh start feels good. If you do it with a big dash of humor.

And humility.

I know from experience that January will ignite the urge to clean out closets, chase those dust bunnies and walk off our collective Doris's. Or would that be Dori, for plural? We'll have ample time, come 2014, for detoxing and courting virtue with ginger laced green soup, and recipes that will encourage our lovely pinchable pie rolls to skedaddle. I promise. I'll be first second third in line with fresh whipped smoothies and cleansing soup recipes come January.

But this week? Nah.

There's a vegan pumpkin cheesecake recipe to share.

Have a safe, healthy, light filled and beautiful Thanksgiving.


Read more + get the recipe >>

No comments:

Post a Comment