Pages

.

Three quick recipes for cakes without heating in the oven (Chris Rawstern)

When you look at recipes for cakes, there is always the thought of baking time. If you have a convection oven, it usually means baking in many installments, so the oven is on for long periods of time. What happens if the baking was not necessary? As a busy mom on the go, is something that is quick and easy to be the first option. These recipes have been made many times in my years as a MOM, and I hope to pass along these recipes for all with time at a premium.

No Bake butterscotch cookies

In a large saucepan, combine 2 cups granulated sugar, 3/4 cup butter and 2/3 cup evaporated milk. Bring this mixture to a rolling boil, stirring often. Remove the Pan from the heat and place in a small package of instant butterscotch pudding mix and 3 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal. Mix this together and let cool 15 minutes. Drop dough by teaspoon on waxed paper. This will make about 5 dozen cookies.

No Bake chocolate haystacks

There are many existing recipes with this same title, but this is my favorite. In a large saucepan combine 2 cups powdered sugar, 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup sugar free butter. Bring to a full boil, stirring to mix well. Remove from heat and add in 3 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal, 1 cup coconut, 1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts and 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Drop this mixture rapidly from teaspoons on waxed paper and let cool. This should make about 48 cookies, depending on size.

No Bake apricot macaroons

This recipe couldn't be simpler with only 4 ingredients. In a large bowl, combine 2 1/2 cups shredded coconut, a 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk, 2 cups finely diced Dried apricots and 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts. Mix well and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. This dough is very sticky to work with. shape the dough into small balls and roll in powdered sugar. These cookies should be kept chilled.


Apricots can be replaced with another dried fruit selections that raisins, dried blueberries or craisins. Tangy fruits with sweetness of condensed milk make them so tasty. Use of craisins or dried cherries mixed with some green glaceed cherries for Christmas time would make a lovely presentation.

These recipes are all so very easy to do quickly. They are also a great way to get kids learning about how to measure ingredients. They can learn very young about fill a measuring cup or spoon and using a straight-edged table knife to scrape the level. They can learn to measure the cup sizes and how to measure liquid ingredients. The actual combine is something a 6 or 7 year old child can do, and scoop out the cookies on waxed paper. Form them into balls is a simple process for these latest cookies, and with the sticky hands are certainly no deterrent to a child.

Have fun with the kids and grandkids to make some of these cookies. Take pleasure in the time made more enjoyable by sharing and creating memories that will last a lifetime.

Thank you for taking the time to read my article. I hope it was informative and helped you along your own culinary journey. You'll find many more recipes and useful tips on my website. I'm on Facebook on a harmony of flavors and share a recipe or tip each day to the fans who have enjoyed my site. I hope to see you there soon.

My name is Chris Rawstern, I have been on a journey for cooking and baking for 42 years. Many have asked what a harmony of flavors. Have you ever had a meal where the Visual presentation was fantastic, the smells were amazing taste was so remarkable that you ate slowly, savoring every bite, that the experience would never end? Then you've experienced what a truly harmonious meal can feel like.
I started my cooking career in Guatemala, 1970. I moved there as a naive 20 year old and put out to learned about cooking in a foreign country. I will pass along special recipe that I have done for 42 years, and new. I will also pass on tips or notes of things to look for and what simply works better. I have collected large amounts of recipes over the years, and recently have started to give classes.
My passion is to teach people how to create a harmony of flavors with their cooking, and help pass along my love and joy of food simple and exotic, plain or fancy. I continue my trip in ethnic and national dishes, try new things. I would love to hear from you, to help me continue my journey to explore the different culinary experiences and hopefully to start you on a journey of its own.
Visit my website http://www.aharmonyofflavors.com my blog my Marketplace at http://www.a-harmony-of-flavors-marketplace.com or on the Facebook page of a harmony of flavors. I'm sharing a recipe or tip each day to the fans who have enjoyed my site.I hope to see you there soon

No comments:

Post a Comment