Pages

.

Gluten-Free Fudgy Brownie Cupcakes

Gluten-Free Fudgy Brownie Cupcakes


Fudgy Brownie Cupcake Love


Chocolate brownies were the first gluten-free dessert I attempted after shunning gluten forever and rebooting my life back in 2001. And I admit up front I used a mix. A gluten-free brownie baking mix (one of two available at the time). It was based on rice flour, starches and cocoa powder. And it wasn't terrible. A touch gummy, perhaps. A bit rice-y (you know what I mean- with that rice cooker aroma?). But they were sweet. And they were chocolate.

For that alone, I was grateful.

Yet.

I was (to be honest) unsatisfied. There had to be a way to bake a better tasting gluten-free brownie. A brownie that tasted fudgy and rich, and not like a cheap chocolate pudding mix.

Hence these Dark Chocolate Brownies were born, using real, melted dark chocolate. And the recipe remains a favorite- tweaked and adjusted over the years to accommodate my dairy-free reboot in 2007 (see all of my gluten-free dairy-free recipes here).

Lately we've been experimenting with baking brownies in a cupcake tin. Just for a change-up. We felt like tweaking again. We're using Baker's chocolate now (semi-sweet and unsweetened). And we're favoring hazelnut flour. We boosted the baking soda a tad. When they bake they rise and fall and crack like little flourless chocolate cakes.

We'll be taking these little beauties to Cape Cod this week. My husband is teaching an oil painting workshop. Road trip!

Have brownies will travel.



Read more + get the recipe >>

No comments:

Post a Comment