Pages

.

Gluten-Free Soda Bread Rolls- not exactly Irish

Gluten-Free Goddess Irish-Inspired Soda Bread Rolls with Raisins
Gluten-Free Goddess Irish-inspired soda bread bun rolls.

Irish Soda Bread Inspired


Spring is poised to sprout I just know it. Despite the frigid fingers of wind that unwrap my scarf and creep sneak down my spine. Despite the tawny, snow beaten grass that stretches to the edge of the woods. Despite the prediction of snow on Tuesday. I feel it.

Green is coming.

The turning point is Wednesday, the day of equal light and dark when the seasons turn kinder. The Equinox. The first day of Spring.

A day to celebrate.

And listen for song birds.

And bake something earthy, simple and subtly sweet.

I've made Irish soda bread every Spring for thirty years. This year I felt inspired to make mini-soda breads. A kind of soda bread bun. Or gypsy roll. Some might call it a soda bread muffin. It's not that, exactly, either. And it's not a scone.

I couldn't decide what to call these little champs.

Except... delicious!

Happy Spring!


Read more + get the recipe >>

No comments:

Post a Comment