Pages

.

'Raw'sta Pasta


I had some marina'raw' sauce left over from a previous recipe that I needed to finish up. Started this dish with just the usual zucchini 'noodles' and decided to try some cucumber 'noodles' as well. Turned out to be a nice combo! Next I decided to add some more veggies and make for a raw veggie pasta dish. This is the result and I must say it was a complete success ! 100% raw, fat free, delicious, and vegan of course...


'Raw'sta Pasta

 Ingredients
  • mushrooms, diced
  • yellow bell pepper, diced
  • green onions, sliced
  • cilantro, roughly chopped
  • himalayan salt & pepper to taste

Noodles
  • zucchini, one per person
  • cucumber, 1/2 per person

Marina'raw' Sauce
Spiralize your zucchini and cucumber, set aside. You can also julienne by hand or use a julienne tool but the spiralizer is really fun and easy. I highly recommend having one if you make raw noodles often. (check notes below on spiralizer options)

Dice up your veggies, using as much as you like. Now you can either mix everything together in a seperate bowl and transfer to individual serving dishes or you can serve and mix right in your serving dish. Top with sliced green onions, himalayan salt & cracked pepper to taste.

    Notes: You could also use raw nut meat with this as well. The nut meat is a combination of walnuts and mushrooms...really delicious ! You can find the recipe here .... since this is for an Italian style dish substitute the cumin for the following, either individually or combined...sage, thyme, basil, oregano, rosemary, marjoram, sun dried tomatoes. 

    This could easily be prepared for to go lunches. Make a batch of the Marina'raw' sauce, cut up some vegetables and store for quick access to preparing a 'to go meal' or anytime when your at home. A little preparation goes a long way. The sauce will last up to 5/6 days and the fresh chopped veggies should last about the same. 

    Enjoy !

    I had a comment below on what 'spiralizer' I use and thought I'd add the links to my post. I use and recommend the Paderno Spirooli which is around $50 on Amazon, tons of features (I see it on sale for $35). If you’re looking to save a little money, the Joyce Chen spiral slicer is a good value at $35 (I see this is on sale for $18). 


    No comments:

    Post a Comment